Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a growing customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, defense, industrial, aerospace and communications.
Are you an engineer who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting edge optical technology from concept through production for industry leading customers? If yes, please apply.
We seek a diligent, dedicated and meticulous person who will help to further our success and reputation in the industry through world-class customer service. The successful candidate must plan his/her own work schedule to meet project deadlines, keep multiple records, be self-motivated, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership of projects.
● Work under the direct supervision of project lead to develop and implement manufacturing processes for a diverse range of opto-electronic devices
● Construct assembly and test stations
● Perform precision hands-on assembly tasks
● Enable rapid transition from prototype to high volume manufacturing by demonstrating strong observation skills, reporting daily progress updates, and attentively following directions
● Meticulously record, document, summarize and report assembly and test data on a regular basis
● Create and maintain process and quality documentation including work instructions, work aids, travelers, etc.
● Train existing and new operators in production processes
● Examine existing processes and suggest improvements
● Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with manufacturing processes, procedures, and operations.
● B.S. in Engineering
● Demonstrated ability in creating manufacturing methods that are well-developed, characterized, bounded and repeatable
● Basic understanding of opto-mechanical component assembly/packaging processes
● Proficiency with computer and information technology
● Familiarity with and willingness to work in a cleanroom environment
● Ability to work in a technical and engineering team environment
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org