Optical Program Manager
Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a growing customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, military, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
We seek a diligent, dedicated and meticulous person who will help to further our success and reputation in the industry through world-class customer service. Are you someone who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting edge optical technology from concept through production for industry leading customers? If yes, please apply.
The candidate will work for the Chief Technical Officer and will perform optical design, system engineering, program management, and hands-on assembly duties. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated intuition for elegant and robust optical assembly solutions, strong communication skills for capturing and responding to customer needs, as well as in-depth experience building prototypes and aligning optical instruments.
- Capture and manage customer requirements as well as mine for the bigger picture understanding to assure satisfaction and appropriateness of solution
- Produce creative and innovative solutions, in a rapid timeframe, that are robust and manufacturable
- Manage overall system design to assure all requirements and desirables are satisfied
- Prepare and present work products to customers
- Manage schedule, requirements changes, material sourcing, and additional scope quoting
- Perform hands-on assembly of prototypes. Document and train technicians to reproduce at higher volumes. Note: This is not a “tell others what to do” position; i.e. hands-on work is required
- Juggle multiple programs at one time
- Ph.D. in Optical Physics, Physical Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in optical component/system design & production
- Familiarity with and willing to work in a cleanroom environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident status
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer