Incoming Quality Inspector
Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a growing customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, military, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
We seek a diligent, dedicated and meticulous person who will help to further our success and reputation in the industry through world-class customer service. Are you someone who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting edge optical technology from concept through production for industry leading customers? If yes, please apply.
The candidate will work for the Chief Operating Officer and will perform mechanical and optical inspection of various components used in the production of opto-electronic assemblies produced at Avo.
- Inspect and measure mechanical, optical, and electrical materials per defined inspection criteria
- Complete corresponding documentation and manage disposition of materials
- Facilitate preparation and transfer of items to Inventory Manager
- Work within a cleanroom environment
- Maintain calibration logs for all mechanical inspection equipment and assure it is all in prime working condition
- Experience performing mechanical inspection utilizing tools such as micrometers, Vernier calipers, bore gages, dial indicators, scales, and measurement microscopes
- Experience handling optical components, visually inspecting, and measuring utilizing tools such as an interferometer would be a significant advantage
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings and interpreting mechanical tolerances (GD&T)
- A.S. or B.S. in Engineering or H.S. diploma from technical school
- 3+ years of hands-on experience
- Familiarity with and willing to work in a cleanroom environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident status
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer